1. By browsing, accessing, registering with Aegis ValueFix (“Platform”), making a purchase of our Services (“Service Request”), saving your information with us online, contacting us with a question, feedback or issue with a Service Request, accepting a Service Request, delivering service to fullfil a Service Request or participating in a promotion, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy and you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
2. If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not access the Platform or provide your personal data.
3. As used in this Policy:
“customer” means an individual who registers with the Platform, submits a Service Request, saves information in the Platform, contacts us with a question, feedback or issue with a Service Request, or participates in a promotion;
“freelance tradesman” means an individual who registers with Aegis to carry out services submitted in a Service Request for a customer; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
4. Examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your address, email address, contact and type of payment method.
5. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection and Use of Data
6. When you access the Platform, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your IP address, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Platform, we collect information about how you interact with the Platform. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
7. We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Platform, and collect data including your IP address, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Platform.
8. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly when you register with the Platform, submit a Service Request, save your information with us, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a promotion, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws.
9. In the case of payment details – we only keep the minimum data to identify the type of payment method and transaction history within the Platform. We DO NOT know or keep the details of the payment such as card details or bank account details. A third-party payment provider will process your payment.
10. For location data, we will only use the location of freelance tradesmen via global positioning service (“GPS”) technology when a Service Request is submitted to do matching with freelance tradesmen nearby and alert them of available Service Request.
11. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
12. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- processing, recording, monitoring and fulfilling Service Requests;
- browsing and accepting Service Requests;
- matching of Service Requests with freelance tradesmen available within the location of Service Requests;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payout, payment, refund or credit transactions;
- sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
13. We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third-party service providers and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions as listed in the list of purposes above for us.
Third Party Services
14. The Platform is hosted on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). For more information on how AWS operates, stores and protects your information, please refer to https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/singapore-data-privacy/ .
15. We use FOMO Pay to process your payment. For information on how FOMO Pay collects, uses and stores your information, please refer to FOMO Pay’s privacy & Terms at https://www.fomopay.com/privacyterms/.
17. The purposes listed in the above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any service agreement with you).
Withdrawing Your Consent
18. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time your account registered with the Platform is deleted. You may submit your account deletion request via email to email@example.com. Account deletion can also be done via the Profile page on the iOS application.
19. Upon receipt of your written request to delete your account, we shall seek to process your request within three (3) business days of receiving it.
Access To and Correction of Personal Data
20. If you wish to make an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, you may submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To deal with your request, we will need to obtain enough information from you to verify your identity and the nature of the request.
21. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
22. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you via email of the soonest practicable time within which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
23. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
24. If a password is required to access your Account, remember your password is the key to your account. Please use a combination of upper- and lower-case letters and numbers for your password, and do not share your password with anyone. If you share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and other data submitted to us and could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password.
Accuracy of Personal Data
25. We generally rely on personal data provided by you. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update your personal data via your account setting on the Platform if there are changes to your personal data.
Retention of Personal Data
26. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
27. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
28. In order to carry out the purposes listed above, your personal data may be transferred to our third-party service providers, some of whom may be located overseas, and as a result, may require us to transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. In such event, we will contractually demand the recipient of the data to comply with the requirements in the PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
29. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have enquiries or feedback on our policies and procedures in protecting your personal data, or if you wish to make your personal data access request, at email@example.com.
Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
30. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
31. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of the Platform and/or submitting a Service Request constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Last updated as at 31 Aug 2022